Terms of Service
Interviewa Terms of Service
1. Your Acceptance
A. By using and/or visiting this website, its contents and features, including all functionalities available through the interviewa.com domain name, the “Interviewa website”, hereinafter referred to as the “Site”, you hereby agree to abide by the following conditions:
(1) These terms and conditions (the “Terms of Service”),
(2) interviewa.com privacy notice, found at and incorporated here by reference
B. Interviewa, at its sole discretion, may modify or revise these Terms of Service and policies at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions and may attempt to notify you when major changes are made to these Terms of Service. However, you should periodically review the most up-to-date version at your discretion. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
A. Although certain areas of the Site do not require you to be a Interviewa member, some areas do. When and if you register to become a Member (“Member”), you agree to:
(1) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by our registration form (including your email address); and
(2) maintain and update your information (including your email address) to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete.
B. As part of the registration process, you will need to sign up as a basic Member and select a username and password. Enhanced functionality and information on the website is available to Members that sign up as a premium Member with us.
C. In these Terms of Service, the terms “you” and “your” refer to a person who has a Interviewa membership, either basic or premium and also visitors of the Site.
D. Your access to and use of the Site is subject to these Terms of Service. Your use of parts of the Site (including those parts of the site which are accessible to members of the public) also may be subject to disclaimers or additional terms and conditions.
3. Your Access to the Site
A. You must maintain the confidentiality of all login identification name/numbers, passwords and similar information given to you (“Login Information”), and you must not allow or authorise any other person to use your Login Information.
B. You must immediately notify us of any suspected or actual unauthorised use of your Login Information.
C. You must only use those facilities on the Site that you are authorised to use (depending on your level of membership) and you agree not to attempt to circumvent any access restriction mechanisms on the Site.
D. We may in our sole and absolute discretion, for any reason and without notice:
(1) alter or withdraw any functionality on the Site;
(2) withdraw or suspend your access to all or any part of the Site and your membership;
(3) monitor your use of the Site;
(4) subject to any applicable laws, treat any material that you transmit or display as non confidential and non-proprietary; and
(5) edit or remove any material that you have may have uploaded, posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted to the Site.
E. Except where applicable law requires otherwise, Interviewa does not refund for services purchased on the Site, in whole or in part, including Interviewa premium memberships and all services provided by it.
4. Code of Conduct
A. While using the Site you agree not to:
(1) use the Site in a manner that:
i. is contrary to any law or which may encourage a person to act in a way which is contrary to any law;
ii. may result in damage to the Site, its contractors or agents;
iii. is disruptive to the learning of others or that may restrict, disrupt or inhibit any other user from using or enjoying the Site;
(2) upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any of the following to, or through, the Site;
i. objectionable material including material that is unlawful, defamatory, pornographic, vulgar, obscene, profane, threatening or material that may harass;
ii. confidential material;
iii. misleading or deceptive material;
iv. advertising, marketing or promotional material;
v. material which you do not have a right to upload, post, email or otherwise transmit, such as material which is protected by copyright, patent, trade mark, service mark, or any other proprietary right, without first obtaining express permission from the owner of the material or relevant right holder and providing with the material appropriate acknowledgement of existence of the right and the permission of the right holder; or
vi. software or any other materials that contain any virus, worm, time bomb, trojan horse, spyware, adware or other harmful or disruptive component;
vii. download or reproduce any material from or through the Site which you know, or reasonably ought to know, is of a kind described in paragraph 3A(2) above except as permitted by law;
(3) remove or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices contained in the Site;
(4) modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or circumvent any portion of the Site;
(5) transfer or resell your use of or access to the Site to any third party;
(6) link from any other web site to this Site in any manner such that the Site, or any page of the Site, is “framed,” surrounded or obfuscated by any third party content, materials or branding, without our prior written authorisation;
(7) use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine,” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site or its contents (except that the foregoing restriction shall not be construed to preclude a search engine from using a spider, robot or similar process or device to crawl and index the Site for purposes of feeding search results in response to applicable legitimate search queries);
(8) harvest or collect information about Site visitors or Members without their express consent; or
(9) impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with any other person or entity.
(10) disobey any lawful instruction of Interviewa in using the Site.
B. If you breach any of the above terms, we may undertake our own investigations and may also inform relevant law enforcement agencies and providers of educational and information services of such conduct.
5. Third Party Web Sites
A. While we reserve the right to monitor, edit, refuse to post or to remove any information and/or materials (in whole or in part) in our sole discretion, we may not necessarily choose to do so.
B. We do not accept responsibility for material linked to or otherwise accessible through the Site. We do not review independent sites or control their content, but merely provide these links to you for your convenience. These links are not an endorsement of products, services, or information provided by such sites. Further, the inclusion of these links to other sites does not imply that the owners or operators of those other sites have given permission for inclusion of these links, or that there is any relationship between Interviewa and the linked sites. Nor do the owners of the linked sites endorse the Site, or Interviewa itself.
C. We are an independent company and references to other companies do not necessarily imply any partnership, joint venture, or other legal connection.
D. Any reliance on the contents of a linked site is done at your own risk and you assume all responsibilities and consequences resulting from such reliance.
6. Claims of Copyright Infringement
A. The Copyright Act 1968 provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under Australian law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by Interviewa infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. The notice must include the following information:
(1) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
(2) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works located on the Site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
(3) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow Interviewa to locate the material on the Site;
(4) information reasonably sufficient to permit Interviewa to contact you, such as name, address, telephone number, and, if available, email address;
(5) a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
(6) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
B. If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, contact us immediately on email@example.com.
8. Liability and Indemnity
A. The Site, the information on the Site, and any product or service obtained through the Site are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, Interviewa and its affiliates, suppliers, advertisers, contractors and agents disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose.
Where Interviewa is found to be liable for breach of any warranty or condition implied by statute and which we cannot lawfully exclude, our liability is limited (to the extent permitted by law) at the option of us to the following:
(1) in the case of services supplied or offered by us:
i. to the supply of the services again; or
ii. to the payment of the cost of having services supplied again.
B. Interviewa, its directors, and its employees accept no liability for any loss (including loss of revenue or anticipated profits, loss of goodwill, loss of business, loss of data, computer failure or malfunction), or injury or any direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive, or other damages caused by or as a result of:
(1) your use of or inability to use the Site;
(2) any virus or other harmful, or potentially harmful, code which may be transmitted in connection with use of the Site;
(3) errors or omissions in postings, assessments, recommendations, reviews, links, tips, interview bank questions, interview model answers and interview sessions;
(4) reliance on information available on or through the Site or on or through any website to which there is a link from the Site; or
(4) Our negligence or the negligence of any of its directors, shareholders, employees, or agents.
C. You indemnify Interviewa and employees from and against all:
(1) liability for or in respect of any physical injury (including death) to persons;
(2) damage to property; and
(3) other liability, damage or loss;
insofar as the injury, damage or other liability, damage or loss is attributable to your negligence, breach of these Terms of Service, or unlawful or wilful action in connection with these terms and conditions, their performance, or the failure to perform them.
D. Interviewa does not, at any time, guarantee your acceptance into any surgical specialty as a result of reliance on information and or services attained from our Site. You are solely responsible for independently researching the professional bodies, organisations, companies, universities, societies, charities and contractors featured on the Site. Any persons should use the content on the Site in the same manner as any other educational medium and should not rely on the content to the exclusion of their own professional judgment.
9. General Issues
A. We may terminate these Terms of Service without notice at any time for any reason in its sole discretion.
B. These Terms of Service will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria in relation to any legal proceeding in respect of this agreement or the use of the Site.
C. If any provision of these Terms of Service is held invalid, unenforceable, or illegal for any reason, these Terms of Service remain otherwise in full force and effect apart from such provision which will be read down to the extent of the invalidity, unenforceability or illegality, and if it is not possible to read down the provision it, will be deemed deleted.
A. Interviewa is committed to bringing you information tailored to your individual needs, we recognise the importance of protecting the privacy of personally identifiable information collected about you.
C. Multimedia content including video interviews are the intellectual property of Interviewa. Interviewa reserves the right to use the recording for training and coaching purposes. By accessing the Interviewa Audiolibrary, members agree to the audio recordings from their video interviews be used for coaching of future members.
D. Interviewa.com does not collect personally identifying information about individuals, except when specifically and knowingly provided by such individuals.
E. For each visitor to the Site, our web server automatically collects information about which pages are visited and the domain name (e.g., yahoo.com) of visitors. This information is used for internal review, to tailor information to individual visitors and for traffic audits.
F. The Site may place a “cookie” on the browser of a user’s computer. The cookie itself does not contain any personally identifying information. A cookie can be used to tell when your computer has contacted a website; we use the information for editorial purposes and for other purposes such as measuring user behaviour on our Site.
G. A user’s personally identifiable information (e.g., name, e-mail address) may be used by Interviewa for editorial purposes. For example, we may use information provided by you to us as part of an editorial online survey. If we run competitions or contests on the Site, you may be required to provide information such as your telephone number and address in order to participate. The exact rules vary in each case but the specific rules for any contest will state how that information may be used. We may also use personally identifiable information for marketing and promotional purposes. We may send you e-mails about Interviewa products, promotions, or services. A user’s personally identifiable information will not be transferred to a party outside Interviewa unless stated at the time of collection.
I. Technology on the Internet is developing at a rapid pace, and we need to maintain our flexibility in the online arena. If we need to change our policy in the future, we will post these changes as soon as they go into effect.